Monday, August 25, 2008

just a silly note

seeing as how the rain is supposed to continue all day tomorrow as well and i probably won't get an outfit post in i thought i'd share with you all that in last night's episode (season 2, #6) of mad men i got a thrill when i looked up and saw that peggy was wearing a skirt i recently purchased at the thrift store! the same exact skirt! 
(click to enlarge)
AND she was also wearing a pair of gloves that look to be almost identical to some i got recently at an antique store!
now, if only i could find this dress at the thrift too i'd be set!
the other clothing items i have owned before i saw them on the big screen were a t-shirt i got at old navy that calista flockhart wore on episode of alley mcbeal and the free people sweater that thora birch (jane) wears at the dining room table scene in american beauty. i still actually own that sweater for some odd reason...
it's an odd feeling to see someone in the movies or on tv wearing your clothes.
has it ever happened to you? did you get stupidly excited too?

7 comments:

Richel said...

these are adorably cute pictures!

Missa said...

That's really cool to see a piece of clothing that you've thrifted on such a well styled show, great skirt btw too. I need to check this show out, I keep hearing about it on blogs.

The only time I've seen something that I owned on tv was an urban outfitters tee on an episode of Punk'd. It was being worn by the Punkee who I think was someone like Kelly Clarkson or something... so really, not as cool.

..... said...

wow yeah thatt's nice

Andrea Eames said...

That has never happened to me, but I would be so excited if it did that I might throw a small party (guests = me and my cat). :)

Cammila said...

Mad Men is so addictive for the clothes. I mean, it's addictive anyway, but the clothes help!

Rebecca, A Clothes Horse said...

Oooh, that checked dress is gorgeous! And Mad Men is my total addiction. ^_^
I actually get annoyed when I see people wearing my things...I'll never get credit for being the first and now it will be popular/trendy. I consider it youngest child syndrome, I want to keep all my things to myself!

Style Spot said...

I love it when I see stylish people on tv wearing something that I own or something that looks very similar to what I have! I definitely get stupidly excited too ;)

xx